Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Accessing pin code on 2007 VW Passat ?
Accessing pin code on 2007 VW Passat ?

3229 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2015-02-19 02:17:48

•   Level 3   
    (80) points
    Mobile Auto Diagnostics
    2015-02-18 20:29:05
     Has anyone had dealings with accessing the security pin code that is embedded in the PCM/ Instrument cluster on CAN equipped VW/AUDI ? I have a customer that swopped out the TCM on a 2007 VW Passat , by doing this it has engaged the immobilizer and both keys are no longer recognized . The MS908 software shows an option to reconfigure the keys but states you need the security pin code to continue, my customer has tried 4 VW dealers and none of them will release the pin code. Of course they want the car in their workshop so they can charge him big bucks ! 
    Hoping someone has an idea or info on this dilemma . 

•   Level 6   
    (475) points
      I don't think Maxisys can pull pin from 2007 Passat. But it can pull pin from some older VW vehicles don't know what years exactly,  but probably older than 2003. You are going to need a locksmith or different tools to do that.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5_51qeEyec

•   Level 3   
    (80) points
     I spoke to a reputable locksmith here and he told me its dealer only so its not looking good for my customer at the moment.

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2015-02-19 02:17:48

This is a part of the software that I have put a question about with Autel as well. My problem was more like an ECU reset for an Opel Astra H 2007/2008 for which I need the security code. It should be readable from the ROM/EEPROM so it could be added to the software. But it is (not yet) there.

Just take this issue you have to Autel in the 'your issue' or 'your problem' in your account. You will find it under Support & Updates, User Account, Sign In (on this site).

The more people put down the same question(s), the more they will give priority to things.
  Total1 Pages